Human Resource Manager
You will be a part of the local Management Team and will be responsible for HR management & policy and having the competent and motivated employees that the company needs to reach its objectives. You will ensure this happens at a reasonable cost while staying compliant to regulation and good practice.
What is your role?
You are part of the local Management Team and are responsible for HR management & policy and having the competent and motivated employees that the company needs to reach its objectives. You ensure this happens at a reasonable cost while staying compliant to regulation and good practice. As this company is just starting up, the role will shift from laying the groundwork and recruitment to the day-to-day management of the HR cycle. In addition, this role will have HR responsibility for Koudijs Uganda, an Associated Company of De Heus. This role reports to the General Manager of Uganda and works closely with the Group HR Head based in the Netherlands.
Your key responsibilities are:
- Develop and implement the HR function of the Company
- Prepare and ensure effective adoption of HR Policies and Procedures.
- Establish HR administration, including payroll, tax, and social declarations, leave and absence administration, as well as the management of loans and staff accounts.
- Manage the recruitment, onboarding, and induction process for all employees
- Drive and implement an effective Performance Management system right from objective setting to review.
- Drive and lead the Learning and Development Function of the company in order to ensure competence enrichment for all staff.
- Design and manage Employee Welfare, Reward, Recognition, and Motivation Initiatives,
- Build a safe, trusted, and inclusive work environment, including a speak-up policy and other programs if helpful and supportive to employee well-being.
- Develop an HR Risk Management Framework and ensure compliance to all regulatory requirements
- Assist in the preparation of budgets for direct and indirect staff costs
- Advise the management team of labour-related issues and Labour Law
What do we expect from you?
You need to be structured, highly motivated and good with people. This job demands a high degree of confidentiality and attention to detail.
Our ideal candidate:
- Has a degree in Human Resource Management or a related field, with at least Seven (7) years HR management experience, of which three should have been in a senior office or management role
- Is a member of the Human Resources Manager’s Association of Uganda – HRMAU
- Possesses a high level of emotional intelligence
- Is discrete, professional, and has a demonstrated ability to make sound unbiased judgements
- Is highly organized, efficient, and proactive. Is good at administration and organization and has strong communication and interpersonal skills. Is seen as a trusted confidant.
- Is confident and an assertive self-starter. Has strong problem-solving, conflict-handling, and negotiation skills.
- Has a working knowledge of current labour legislation in Uganda
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
What do we offer?
De Heus offers you a challenging position in a dynamic and international context. You will have the opportunity to help realize our strategy and truly make an impact on Uganda by adding a missing link in the protein value chain and improving food security. We believe that our employees make a difference and power the progress of our fast-growing, highly ambitious organization.
The package comes with a competitive salary, depending on education, skills, and experience. Possibilities to grow in an international company with plenty of room for personal development.
At the plant in Njeru (near Jinja), with regular trips to Kampala
Would you like to work in a successful and fast-growing international company with many opportunities for personal growth? Then contact us by sending your CV and motivation letter to Vanessa Katungye at firstname.lastname@example.org before the 8th of August, 2023
Do you want to know more about this vacancy? Please contact Rachel Dumba at email@example.com
Please note that an assessment will be part of this recruitment procedure.